In the past 28+ years, Johnston Builders Ltd. (JBL) has earned recognition as a successful and respected privately-owned contracting firm providing construction management, general contracting and consultant services across Western Canada. JBL specializes in a number of construction sectors that includes urban retail complexes, light industrial, hotels, medical facilities, educational institutions, non-for-profit, adaptive re-use and restoration, and sustainable construction projects.
Johnston Builders is propelled by an exceptional team of construction executives, project managers, superintendents, estimators, field and support staff that adheres to JBL’s core values. trust and transparency, supporting our team and community, confidence in taking a calculated risk, hard working, approachable, big picture thinking, accountable to deadlines
Key Accountabilities include:
- Understanding of Commercial and Light Industrial building methods and can operate applicable tools and equipment to complete the work as directed.
- Can review and comprehend commercial / light industrial blueprints and shop drawings in order to complete layouts, including selecting materials, planning sequences and methods of work, measuring and marking materials to avoid costly mistakes or omissions.
- Completes the following tasks: Framing, Sheathing install, Door / window install, Hardware install, Millwork install, Specialties install, Concrete formwork, Installation of stairs / railings, reading blueprints, utilize appropriate math skills.
- Checks completed units to ensure they are level, square, plumb and the correct size, shape and location
- Takes part in QA/QC and safety documentation when directed by foreman / superintendent.
- Performs other related duties when asked.
Ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Have a positive attitude, excellent and solid interpersonal skills.
- Must have a Journeyman Carpenter Ticket from a recognized provincial training authority or be a Registered Carpenter Apprentice with a recognized provincial training authority
- Non-ticketed carpenters must provide proof of hours relevant to the industrial Carpentry trade.
- Must have previous experience working in a commercial and/or light industrial setting
- Proficient in reading and understanding plans and shop drawings.
- Proven attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Organizational and time management skills and must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Team Player.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License.
Compensation and benefits:
- The hours for this position are 40 hours per week with opportunity of overtime (paid at 1.5 times hourly rate).
- Competitive hourly wage.
- Vacation paid out per pay period.
- Company contributed RRSP matching employee input up to 5%.
- Medical, dental, optometry and prescription benefits and other insurance coverage.
Job Type: Full-time