CARPENTERS - COMMERCIAL / LIGHT INDUSTRIAL CONSTRUCTION
Johnston Builders Ltd. is seeking experienced individual(s) that is residing in the Yukon (or is willing to relocate to the Yukon) for the full-time position(s) as CARPENTER at possible Yukon sites within Johnston Builders’ diverse portfolio across Western Canada.
In the past 30+ years, Johnston Builders Ltd (JBL). has earned recognition as a successful and respected privately-owned contracting firm providing construction management, general contracting, and consultant services across Western Canada. JBL specializes in a number of construction sectors that includes urban retail complexes, light industrial, hotels, medical facilities, educational institutions, non-for-profit, adaptive re-use and restoration, and sustainable construction projects.
Johnston Builders is propelled by an exceptional team of construction executives, project managers, superintendents, estimators, field, and support staff that adheres to JBL’s core values. trust and transparency, supporting our team and community, confidence in taking a calculated risk, approachable, big picture thinking.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Understands Commercial and Light Industrial building methods and can operate applicable tools and equipment to complete the work as directed.
- Can review and comprehend commercial / light industrial blueprints and shop drawings in order to complete layouts, including selecting materials, planning sequences and methods of work, measuring and marking materials to avoid costly mistakes or omissions.
- Completes at the following tasks: Framing, sheathing install, Door / window install, Hardware install, Millwork install, Specialties install, concrete formwork, Install stairs / railings, read blueprints, utilize appropriate math skills.
- Checks completed units to be sure they are level, square, plumb and the right size, shape and location
- Take part in Qa/Qc and safety documentation when directed by foreman / superintendent.
- Perform other related duties when asked.
Ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Have a positive attitude, excellent and solid interpersonal skills.
- Must have a Journeyman Carpenter Ticket from a recognized provincial training authority or be a Registered Carpenter Apprentice with a recognized provincial training authority
- Non-ticketed carpenters must provide proof of hours relevant to the industrial Carpentry trade.
- Must have previous experience working in a commercial, multi-family and light industrial setting
- Proficient in reading and understanding plans and shop drawings.
- Proven attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Organizational and time management skills and must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision .
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Team Player.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License.
- Residing in the Yukon
Compensation and benefits:
- The hours for this position are 40 hours per week with opportunity of overtime (paid at 1.5 times hourly rate).
- Competitive hourly wage.
- LOA Bonus for out of town work.
- Vacation paid out per pay period.
- Company contributed RRSP matching employee input up to 5%.
- Medical, dental, optometry and prescription benefits and other insurance coverage.
If you wish to join a dynamic organization that values their employees and provides a friendly and fun work environment submit your resume to Johnston Builders Ltd. attention James Hackney c/o Sharlene Bouley at [email protected]. Applications will be considered until November 30, 2020 with interviews thereafter.