Johnston Builders Ltd. is seeking an individual for a full-time position as PROJECT COORDINATOR, working in their St. Albert office or Whitehorse office on possible sites within Johnston Builders’ diverse portfolio across Western Canada.
Johnston Builders Ltd. is seeking an individual for the full time position as a PROJECT COORDINATOR.
In the past 31 years, Johnston Builders Ltd (JBL). has earned recognition as a successful and respected privately-owned contracting firm providing construction management, general contracting and consultant services across Western Canada. JBL specializes in a number of construction sectors that includes urban retail complexes, light industrial, hotels, medical facilities, educational institutions, non-for-profit, adaptive re-use and restoration, and sustainable construction projects.
Johnston Builders is propelled by an exceptional team of construction executives, project managers, superintendents, estimators, field and support staff that adheres to JBL’s core values. trust and transparency, supporting our team and community, confidence in taking a calculated risk, approachable, big picture thinking.
· Work closely with the project superintendent, project manager and project director to collaborate on all aspects of the project.
· Aiding in the buy-out process
· Preparing subcontracts, purchase orders, change orders
· Preparing contracts under the direction of the Project Manager
· Subcontractor coordination
· Document Control
o Tracking change order requests, site instructions, etc.
o Preparing, tracking and distributing RFI’s and Submittals
o Detailed shop drawing review and coordination.
o Drawing review and logging construction documents
· Complete meeting minutes to project site meetings and distribute.
· Visit site to ensure quality work is performed on time
· Review deficiency reports and help manage any actions required to correct deficiencies
· Collaborate with JBL safety officer to ensure work progresses in accordance with JBL safety program and OHS regulations.
Ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
· Have a positive attitude, excellent and solid interpersonal skills.
· Organized and able to multi-task to meet scheduled and unexpected deadlines
· Minimum 2 years related experience in the construction industry.
· A diploma or degree in Construction Engineering.
· Must be able to navigate through the Building Code.
· Proven attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
· Computer skills including the ability to competently operate computerized job-costing, Bluebeam / Adobe ProX, PlanGrid Office 365 (MS Teams, SharePoint, Excel, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, MS project and email at a proficient level).
· Advanced communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Very effective organizational and time management skills.
· Analytical and problem-solving skills.
· An understanding of the commercial and light industrial construction.
· Knowledge of reading plans and specifications.
· Valid Class 5 Drivers License.
Compensation and benefits:
· The hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 44 hours per week. The office is open from 8am to 5pm (Monday to Friday).
· A base salary that is reviewed annually and year end performance bonuses.
· Competitive and flexible vacation schedule
· Company contributed RRSP matching employee input up to 5%.
· Medical, dental, optometry and prescription benefits and other insurance coverage.
· Health and wellness program.
· Competitive mileage rate for use of vehicle.
If you wish to join a dynamic organization that values their employees and provides a friendly and fun work environment submit your resume to Johnston Builders Ltd. attention Bruce Fillmore c/o Sharlene Bouley Applications will be considered until May 5, 2021 with interviews immediately thereafter.