PROJECT MANAGER FOR COMMERCIAL / LIGHT INDUSTRIAL CONSTRUCTION
Johnston Builders Ltd. is seeking an individual that is residing in the Yukon for the full-time position as a PROJECT MANAGER that will work out of Whitehorse on Johnston Builders’ diverse portfolio across Western Canada.
In the past 30 years, Johnston Builders Ltd (JBL). has earned recognition as a successful and respected privately-owned contracting firm providing construction management, general contracting and consultant services across Western Canada. JBL specializes in a number of construction sectors that includes urban retail complexes, light industrial, hotels, medical facilities, educational institutions, non-for-profit, adaptive re-use and restoration, and sustainable construction projects.
Johnston Builders is propelled by an exceptional team of construction executives, project managers, superintendents, estimators, field and support staff that adheres to JBL’s core values. trust and transparency, supporting our team and community, confidence in taking a calculated risk, approachable, big picture thinking.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Work closely with design-build team through project conception to project completion.
- Communicate closely with planning departments and permit authorities.
- Coordinating and scheduling design and construction.
- Work closely with the project superintendent, project coordinator and project director to collaborate on all aspects of the project.
- Job Cost reporting. Monitor costs and budget to maintain or exceed estimated margin.
- Issue subcontracts, purchase orders and change orders. Detail scope assessment to ensure inclusiveness.
- Detailed shop drawing review and coordination.
- Conduct project site meetings and distribute minutes promptly.
- Work closely with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable personal to ensure accurate and timely invoicing, payables and change orders.
- Work closely with the Johnston Builders estimator to establish budget controls.
- Ensure quality control and quality assurance during the construction duration.
- Collaborate with JBL safety officer to ensure work progresses in accordance with JBL safety program and OHS regulations.
- Communicate with the client on all aspects of the project relating to schedule, work coordination, progress billing and change orders.
- Ensure work is conducted in accordance with Johnston Builders Operation Procedures Manual.
Ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Have a positive attitude, excellent and solid interpersonal skills.
- A diploma or degree in Construction Engineering.
- Experience general contracting project management / coordination and Capable of overseeing projects in the range of $500,000 to $25,000,000.
- 20+ Years in the construction industry. Minimum 5 years as Project Manager for a GC/Design-Builder.
- Must have a clear understanding of the Building Code.
- Proven attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Computer skills including the ability to competently operate computerized job-costing, Bluebeam / Adobe ProX, PlanGrid, Office 365 (MS Teams, SharePoint, Excel, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, MS project, and email at a proficient level).
- Advanced communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Very effective organizational and time management skills.
- Self-Motivator with leadership qualities.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- A solid understanding of the commercial and light industrial construction.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License.
Compensation and benefits:
- The hours for this position are 8:00 AM-5:00 PM Monday through Friday / 44 hours per week. The office is open from 8am to 5pm (Monday to Friday).
- A base salary that is reviewed annually and year end performance bonuses.
- Competitive and flexible vacation schedule.
- Company contributed RRSP matching employee input up to 5%.
- Medical, dental, optometry and prescription benefits and other insurance coverage.
- Health and wellness program.
Competitive mileage rate for use of vehicle.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
If you wish to join a dynamic organization that values their employees and provides a friendly and fun work environment submit your resume to Johnston Builders Ltd. attention James Hackney and Bruce Fillmore c/o Sharlene Bouley at [email protected]. Applications will be considered until May 5th, 2021 with interviews thereafter.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.