JBL is monitoring the emerging Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) risk, and certain proactive measures regarding business travel, hygiene, housekeeping and in-person meetings will be implemented. These policies are intended to maintain a safe working environment. COVID-19 remains a highly fluid subject, with the risk of exposure stabilizing in some regions but also continuing to emerge in new locations. Further updates to these policy measures will be made going forward to account for updated information as it becomes available.
Wash your hands frequently:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- We will do our best to get stock to those who need it and provide what is available.
Maintain social distancing:
- Maintain at least two metres (six feet) distance between yourself and other workers whenever possible.
Practice respiratory hygiene:
- Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Dispose of used tissue immediately. Proceed to wash your hands.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unclean hands.
- Clean and sanitize all work areas on a daily basis, including desks, keyboards, phones, door handles, entrance doors, shared kitchens/bathrooms, light switches, and steering wheels.
- Use appropriate cleaning products as assigned.
JBL Work Sites:
- All work sites will be following our COVID 19 SAFE WORK PRACTICES and COVID 19 SAFE JOB PROCEDURES (branch offices are considered work sites).
- Access to work sites is not permitted to individuals who have travelled internationally, or reside with someone who has travelled internationally, and have not been back in Canada for at least 14 days.
- Anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 is expected to home isolate and is not permitted on a work site until their isolation order has been lifted by the governing health authority in their region.
- Any persons showing symptoms of COVID-19 are required to stay home. Anyone on a work site showing symptoms will be asked to leave site and self-isolate.
- Visitors and guests are not permitted on a work site if deemed non-essential to project continuity.
- All product, materials and supplies will be delivered to site requiring minimal person-to-person contact. Social distancing will be practiced on site.
JBL Offices (St. Albert & Whitehorse):
- Any office employee, including leadership, with the ability to work from home is may do so until further notice.
- No guests or visitors are permitted in any of our offices unless previously scheduled, approved by management and adhering to this policy.
- All meeting with internal teams, external clients, consultants, trade partners or vendors are to be held via traditional conference calls, Microsoft Teams or other online conference applications as required by clients/consultants.
Travel for Business:
- All non-essential domestic business travel outside an employee’s home metro-area is suspended.
- All essential domestic business travel must be pre-approved by senior leadership.
- Attendance at conferences, training, open houses, networking events, etc. is suspended until further notice.
- All company sponsored events have been cancelled.
As the COVID-19 scenario continues to evolve, Johnston Builders is committed to strictly adhering to the recommendations and updates from the World Health Organization (WHO), Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) and applicable Provincial Health Services. Your patience and understanding are requested as we continue to manage the situation within our organization, navigating unforeseen challenges and obstacles as they arise.